Friday, January 16, 2009

Life in Springfield

It is hard to believe that David and I will soon have lived in Springfield for a year at the end of April. With all my heart I believe the Lord opened the door for David and I to move. This is a great season of sowing. With David going to school during the day and working at night. David is really enjoying school. I married a brillant man. I often get so irrated when he will come home and tell me that he thinks he failed a test, and then call me later to tell me he got a 98 percent. My college days were not like that, if I thought I failed a test, I failed a test. What a blessing though that David can still work full time and go to school full time. We are truly leaning into God for the source of strength, and look to Him to order our steps.
As for me I am keeping busy with my nanny job. I am learning more than I want to know about parenting. In the last month my booklist has been Parenting is Heart Work, How to deal with Anger, How to Raise Children without losing your Mind, The Bible etc... The bottom line is all these books is Prayer! Although these children are not my natural chilren, I value the influence that I have in the life. I want to impart the Love of God, and be His hands and feet. Another theme in all these books is looking first at your own heart. The book about anger made me first evaluate my heart and reflect about how I am responding to children. Am I getting angry because of righteousness or because I am being inconvienced? When I stopped and thought about when I get upset with the children, I am erroring on the side of inconvience. I am learning so much, and thankful that God is giving me so much practice time before becoming a parent myself.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You wrote: "I often get so irritated when he will come home and tell me that he thinks he failed a test, and then call me later to tell me he got a 98 percent. My college days were not like that, if I thought I failed a test, I failed a test."

Okay... that sounds just like Jon and I. :-D

MISS YOU!!!